Makaha is a beautiful coastal town on the west side of Oahu, Hawaii. It is known for its stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and rich history. Makaha is a great place to live for people who love the outdoors and want to be close to nature.
Here are some of the advantages of living in Makaha:
- Beautiful beaches: Makaha is home to some of the most beautiful beaches on Oahu. Makaha Beach Park is a popular spot for swimming, surfing, and sunbathing. Other popular beaches in Makaha include Makaha Valley Beach Park, Makaha Pier Park, and Makaha State Beach Park.
- Lush rainforests: Makaha is surrounded by lush rainforests. These rainforests are home to a variety of plants and animals, including the Hawaiian honeycreeper, the Hawaiian monk seal, and the Hawaiian crow.
- Rich history: Makaha has a rich history. The area was once home to the Makaha Ali’i, a Hawaiian royal family. Makaha was also the site of the Battle of Makaha in 1895, a battle between Hawaiians and American forces.
- Close to nature: Makaha is a great place to live for people who love the outdoors. The town is surrounded by nature, and there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, such as hiking, biking, swimming, and surfing.
- Small-town feel: Makaha is a small town with a friendly community. The town is home to a variety of businesses and services, and residents are close-knit.
- Affordable cost of living: The cost of living in Makaha is relatively affordable, especially compared to other parts of Oahu. The median home price in Makaha is around $400,000, which is significantly lower than the median home price in Honolulu.
If you are looking for a beautiful, affordable, and close-knit place to live in Hawaii, Makaha is a great option.